Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Quick Movie Review: Godzilla (2014)


As much character depth as they tried to display in the beginning, it's mostly gone once Ford's father (Cranston) dies and we begin to even forget that. Towards the end i stop being attached to whether or not Ford makes it back to his family as the film doesn't really become about that anymore. My girlfriend said that she didn't even feel like crying and "it doesn't take a lot to make me cry in a movie." There wasn't a whole lot of development. The script was fine, as was its execution. However, at the end I felt like they could have really milked the moment where Godzilla gets up and walks back into the ocean by having everyone in the stadium cheer for him finally recognizing that he is not a monster but a hero. I mean, it gave me goosebumps, but I just wanted a tad bit more. The film felt stretched a little bit thin at parts, but I didn't feel too crammed with overly scientific banter.

The acting was great, but the highlight of this film is the title character--as it should be. And surprisingly he's the one that you actually get attached to the most. 

But if you're looking for amazing effects then this is your movie. It was really spectacular. Some of the coolest that you will ever see. 

Overall, the film was fun and exciting, and I might be a tad bit biased because it takes place in the Bay Area, where I'm from. We don't get a whole lot of disaster films that feature us as the main city.

Twizard Rating: 85

No comments:

Post a Comment