Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 10, 2014

This Year In Film: 1993

Michael Jordan's Chicago Bulls won their 3rd consecutive NBA championship, Whitney Houston decided that she will always love us, Home Improvement was the #1 sitcom in the country, and Nickelodeon was actually good. The year was 1993 and it gave us a lot in terms of popular culture, but what it may have gifted us more than anything else was great movies.

Inspired by an article by the Huffington Post, I decided to not only watch the best films from 1993, but EVERY MAJOR FILM from 1993. Those who know me know that I love extreme (and ridiculous), yet possible, goals. (I once watched every wide release film IN THEATERS for a whole year). I'm not sure how long this will take, but I aim to watch at least one every other day. This means that I should wrap up in around 6 months,since there are less than 100 films on my list. Of course I will be writing about all of them and will compile a list of the best and worst of the year. The order that I watch them in is not determined by anything in particular besides what I feel like watching in the moment. It won't be easy, but it will be fun juxtaposing today's 2014 movies with classics from over 20 years ago.

Wish me luck! And I encourage you to do the same with a year of your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment