Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Friday, September 5, 2014

Quick Movie Review: Evil Dead II

While an improvement on its predecessor with a better backstory, I still found myself shaking my head quite often. Why is every character in these movies so annoying? They're always acting dumb and irrational. And although some of you may argue it, I don't think it's as intentional as you think it is. I know this "sequel" is supposed to partially be a comedy but it evokes more eye rolling than laughter. Although I do appreciate a good slapstick, the gore is constantly taking away from whatever humor is being presented.

I'm still not on board with this series, however, the art and effects are still very impressive and I enjoyed the creative call-back ending.


Twizard Rating: 59

No comments:

Post a Comment